We all have one thing in common around here, and that is how much we love dogs. When we break it down though, we all have a different taste in music. Here are a few of our Camp Counselor’s favorite musicians:
- Hailey – The Killers
- Ruby – Miranda Lambert
- Alex – The Black Keys
- Jordan – Gwen Stefani
- Rachel – Gorillaz
- Chelsey S. – Panic! At The Disco
- Carsen – Kenny Chesney
- Chelsea – Lil’ Wayne
- Chelsey M. – Queen With Freddy
- Daphne – Bruno Mars
Who is your favorite artist?
Summer is known for being hot, hot, hot! When you are out and about with your fur-iend this summer, keep in mind these hazards that come with warm weather:
- Dehydration – Make sure your dog has access to water – Inside and outside! Don’t forget to refill the bowls with cool water regularly.
- Outside Critters – While most may be harmless, one can never be too safe! Keep your yard tidy and avoid areas that have tall grass/junk piles (where critters like to keep cool).
- Sidewalks – It is easy to forget about how hot the sidewalks get because we are wearing shoes, but think twice before you take your pup on a long walk! Scout out routes that have shade/grassy areas so that the pads of your dog’s feet don’t have to be on the pavement for long periods of time.
- Cars – We are all guilty of running an errand and leaving our fur-children in the car. The summer heat makes cars get extremely hot very quickly, so avoid leaving them in the car all together!
- Heat – Don’t leave your dog outside for extended periods of time. Even if they have water, make sure they have access to the air conditioning so they can cool down!
We appreciate you every day of the year but, on your special day your pups wanted to be sure and thank you for:
- Playing fetch with us
- Taking us on outdoor adventures
- Letting us help you with yard work
- Sharing the bed and couch with us
- Taking us to the Vet
- Giving us treats
- Giving us belly rubs and ear scratches
- Cuddling with us
- Loving us
Most of all, thank you for taking us to Camp!
Happy Father’s Day to all of our paw-some Dads!
Rochay, also known as “Shay”, is a medium/large two-year old Shepherd mix. As we’re sure you’ve noticed, she has beautiful blue eyes that will steal your heart!
Rochay plays in Pancake’s Play Yard and is very social and energetic. It took her a couple of days to get comfortable, but with a little patience and a lot of love she warmed right up!
If you’re looking for a dog who loves people, going on walks, water, and getting attention, Rochay is your girl! She is good on a leash and enjoys sunbathing in the grass in the middle of her walks.
Rochay is available for adoption through The Humane Society of Southwest Missouri. Stop by Camp and ask to meet her today!
Summer is FINALLY here and if you’re like us, we are always looking for things to do with our dogs! Here are our top five ways to spend some quality time with our favorite four-legged friends:
- Visit local parks: Trails, dog parks, state parks – you get the point. Even if it means you have to drive a little out of the way, pack up the pup and get outside!
- Mark your calendar for fun dog events: Be on the lookout for events that either revolve around dogs, or welcome dogs. It may only take an hour or two, but it will be for a good cause!
- Get your own pup pool: Wal-Mart sells kiddie pools that are about ankle deep. Simply fill it up and let your dog play! It is a great way for them to cool off after (or during) a game of fetch, or whenever it is just plain hot outside.
- Treat your dog to a pup cone: Ice cream always tastes better during summer. Whenever you stop to get yourself a sweet treat, grab your pup one too! A little vanilla ice cream never hurt anybody!
- Bring them to Camp: If you have errands to run and you don’t want to leave your fur-iend behind, drop them off for a day of Day Camp! We guarantee they won’t be mad at you for spoiling them with a fun day of play every now and then.
Bailey is a five-year old Poodle mix who has been coming to Camp since March of 2016! He is full of cuddles! After his mom drops him off, Bailey always gets snuggle sessions from all of his Camp Counselors – especially when it’s cold outside. Trust us, you would adore Bailey if you met him too! He is easy to love.
Bailey helps supervise Sandy’s Play Yard every time he is at Camp. He always greets his friends (humans and dogs) with a friendly tail wag and those sweet puppy dog eyes! We are excited to kick off summer with Bailey as our Camper of the Month!
We all need to work our brains, humans and animals alike. Behavioral issues generally creep up when a dog is bored. Sometimes we forget to take into consideration the fact that our dogs have brains just like us and those brains need a task to occupy them or their behavior can become destructive. That is where we come in!
While your dog is at Camp your dog is getting six to eight hours of play time (depending on what time you drop off and pick up). This means your Camper is getting six to eight hours of socialization and mental stimulation! On top of that, we sell Training Bundles that are full of mental stimulation activities that will keep your pup occupied when they aren’t at Camp. Each Bundle Includes:
- 1 Squeak ‘N Treat Ooga
- 1 Slap Happy Pogo Plush
- 1 Training Treat Roll
- 1 6” Bully Stick
- FREE Mental Stimulation Activity
Dogs with separation anxiety also benefit from Camp because it allows them to socialize and keep busy which eases anxiety. The mental and physical stimulation from Camp will provide dual behavioral benefits as the Camp environment will tire your dog out both mentally and physically!
Next time you are at Camp, ask a Camp Counselor about the Training Bundles and how your pup does during play time!